ResearchFantasy Terms of Service
Terms and Conditions
- Acceptance of Terms
ResearchFantasy.com (“ResearchFantasy”, “we” or “our”) provides its “service” (as defined herein) to you (also “user” or “member”), subject to the following Terms of Service (“ToS”), which may be updated by us without notice to the user. Please read the ToS completely before using our web site and community. Please refer to our ToS page for more recent updates: http://researchfantasy.com/terms-of-service. Your use of the service is conditional upon your acceptance of all terms and conditions contained within the ToS as it exists at the time of use. This extends to both the website and community.
- Description of Service
ResearchFantasy provides members with a social media community. Members can discuss fantasy sports, of both the season long and daily variety. With the ResearchFantasy community, members are able to sign up, discuss topics involving fantasy sports, share strategies and form relationships. ResearchFantasy provides a variety of services in addition to community, including articles posted regularly and reviews of fantasy related websites. Any new endeavors undertakes by us shall be subject to the ToS. You understand and agree that ResearchFantasy assumes no liability for the timeliness of upcoming features. Additionally, ResearchFantasy holds the rights to update the display and variety of content as our discretion. ResearchFantasy may also choose, without notice or liability, to limit or restrict access to portions or all of its features or any other aspect of the service. It is your sole responsible to provide access through internet connection to obtain the services provided by ResearchFantasy. You agree that you may not resell, lease, license, assign, or redistribute the service, in whole or in part, to any third party without express written consent of the organization.
The service provided by ResearchFantasy is provided to increase understanding and enjoyment of fantasy sports. It is not meant to be used in any illegal activities. You agree that ResearchFantasy and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agents, representatives, and assigns will not be liable or responsible for any user activity that may violate any law of the user’s jurisdiction. It is the responsibility of the user to understand the laws of their state of residency.
- Information on Content
The service or content provided includes the online social media community, articles and other information as added. The community will contain a great deal of information from third parties. You should be aware that the content might contain errors, omissions, inaccuracies, outdated information, and inadequacies and that the content may be subject to terms and conditions of third parties not directly under the control of ResearchFantasy. Due to the potential volume of third party contribution, ResearchFantasy cannot guarantee the accuracy or truth of the provided information on the community. Please verify any information you come across for authenticity. For content on the website, ResearchFantasy also stands independent of liability from incorrect content provided by third parties. If any inaccurate information is seen, please contact host@researchfantasy so the proper measures can be taken against the third party.
The service contains proprietary information, statistics, and projections both original and from other third-party sources. Users of the service may not engage in any unauthorized use of the information. This includes scripts and scrapers that may attempt to acquire our information for use without consent.
Third party advertisers may offer goods, services and other materials to you on the Service. Your correspondence and business dealings with advertisers found on or through the Service including, but not limited to, the payment and delivery of goods and services, and any terms, conditions, warranties and representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the advertiser. You agree that ResearchFantasy will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or the offering of such goods, services, and other Content on the Service. Descriptions of, or references to, products or publications within the Service do not imply endorsement of that product or publication.
- Registration Requirements for Users
Registration is required for the access of certain material, as well as to purchase certain premium content and join the user community. We require that all users are at least 13 years old in accordance with COPRA, and cannot make premium purchases until they are 18 years of age, which is the age when users can actively play daily fantasy sports.
Users who join agree that they will not use ResearchFantasy’s community to advertise their own private ventures without prior consent of the organization. Additionally, users may not take any of the premium content and rebrand it for their own purposes. Violations of these terms will be taken seriously, leading to bans or potential legal action against responsible parties.
To join the ResearchFantasy community, you will need to create an account, which will force you to provide an email, username and password combination. If your account becomes compromised, it is your responsibility to notify us. ResearchFantasy is not responsible for any losses that members may occur as a result of compromised accounts.
- User Content and Conduct
On the social media community, members will be able to produce their own content in the form of posts and blogs. Your content is your sole responsibility. ResearchFantasy has no responsibility for the usage by third parties, nor any negative implications that arise from your posts. If you post personal information on publicly available areas of the service then you may receive unsolicited messages from third parties. ResearchFantasy cannot guarantee this will not happen. While the organization will take steps to ensure spam is kept to a minimum, you are solely responsible with any issues that arise from information you make public.
Your content is your content until you post it. By posting to the social media community, you provide ResearchFantasy with a free, world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display your content and to incorporate your content in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. Your content is not confidential and can be used to promote the social media community in a variety of mediums.
You acknowledge that ResearchFantasy does not pre-screen your content, and that we have the right, but not the obligation, in our sole discretion to modify, transmit over various networks, refuse, remove, or move any of your content that is available on the community.
You understand that the community software used by ResearchFantasy may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by ResearchFantasy and/or third-party providers who provide content to the community and website. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the service. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided on the service, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
Since posts are not prescreened in the social media community, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. In addition, you hereby agree not to use your content or the community in any other matter to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a ResearchFantasy administrator, anyone affiliated with the organization, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Service;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of ResearchFantasy or of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, and any regulations having the force of law;
- collect or store personal data about other users.
- Promote the selling of any service without the consent of ResearchFantasy.
- Produce links for daily fantasy site signups that would cause a conflict of interest with ResearchFantasy’s pursuit of affiliate members.
- Promote competitor sites openly, posting links to their content or sign-up.
- This community is intended to be helpful. Let’s build, not destroy. This is the most simple concept of the ToS. If you cannot manage to coexist with other members with civility, you will be deleted.
By accepting the ToS, you agree that ResearchFantasy may remove or suspend your access and registration to the community and/or website service subscriptions if you violate one or more of these criteria.
Members may post links within the community that have not been screened by the organization. ResearchFantasy has no oversight of this, so you acknowledge and agree that ResearchFantasy is not responsible for the conduct of any of those other links. ResearchFantasy absolves all liability, whether direct or indirect, that would result in visiting any unintended sites outside of their network.
Linking to content or the community of ResearchFantasy is acceptable, as long as credit is given. Any reselling of content, or giving the impression that you have created content that belongs to ResearchFantasy is strictly prohibited.
ResearchFantasy reserves the right at all times to limit or restrict the use of their links on any third party sites.
- Termination of Account/Subscription
ResearchFantasy has the right to terminate your account on either the website or community for violating any terms or conditions explained within the ToS document. ResearchFantasy may due so with no warning and reserves the right to operate free of liability in this process.
You hold harmless and indemnify ResearchFantasy and any of their third party partners from any claims, demands, investigations, liabilities, losses, damages, judgments, settlements, costs, and expenses, including attorney’s fees out of or in connection with this ToS agreement, including, without limitation, your use of the service, your connection to the service, your violation of the ToS, or your violation of any rights of another.
- Reproduction Without Consent
The ToS for ResearchFantasy and any of our undertakings prohibit explicitly the reproduction, resale or use of content for commercial purposes without the consent of the organization. Anyone found pursuing these activities will be held financially responsible for any loses, direct or indirect, sustained by the organization.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
Everything provided on ResearchFantasy to the user is provided as is. There is no prescreening of third party content or posts made to the social media community. Permissible by law, no members of ResearchFantasy of third party providers make any warranties about:
- Materials and information accessed on the website or community.;
- Products offered by third party links;
- Security breaches that may occur due to misuse of website or community. The organization bears no responsibility that these services will be uninterrupted;
- Content provided on website or community, especially user generated; and/or
- Any information generated by users or third parties through any messaging software used by the organization.
ResearchFantasy does not hold liability if you are using the services in a way unintended, or not allowed by the jurisdiction in which you reside. It is your responsibility to know the laws of your jurisdiction, and ResearchFantasy will not be held responsible of your violations.
- Limitation of Liability
ResearchFantasy shall not be held liable to the user for a direct or indirect damages that are related directly or indirectly to the use of the website or user community. There are some jurisdictions where this limitation is not enforceable. If you are in one of these jurisdictions and the exclusion does not apply to you, ResearchFantasy liability to you cannot exceed the amount of one hundred dollars.
- Copyrights & Trademarks
ResearchFantasy is protected by U.S. copyright laws, as well as international and other copyright laws. All information presented on the site or community is owned by ResearchFantasy, or by whomever is credit for the information. You agree that you will follow all copyright laws and anything used without permission of ResearchFantasy or third party providers is prohibited without their consent.
All logos, website design and any trademarks on the site are property of ResearchFantasy or any third parties contracted for service. Do no use these images as your own or display them without our consent. This extends to the design element of the website as well.
By agreeing to the ToS, you acknowledge the understanding that ResearchFantasy retains the ability to remove negligent parties from our website or community pursuant to Section 9 of our ToS. This extends to those who violate copyright issues, design issues or other general negligence within violation of our ToS.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction and Venue
ResearchFantasy and the users will have any issues governed by the laws of the State of Ohio without concern for conflict of laws. You irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Ohio State courts, Mahoning County courts and the Federal Courts of the Northern District of Ohio.
- Miscellaneous Information
ResearchFantasy reserves the right to use this space to update any changes made to the site and corresponding additions, subtractions or changes to the firms ToS.