College Football 2016 Week 7 Recap
Week 7 of the college football season can be called many things: slow close Saturday, showdown Saturday, slip up Saturday, call it whatever you want but just call it a great week. Week 7 had everything from OT thrillers, to late game stops and everything in between. Halfway through this season and one thing is for sure, nothing is for sure.
Best Game of the Week:
For the first time this season Ohio State was challenged on all aspects of their game. Ohio State showed they are without question a top 2 team with a huge defensive stop in the first OT of Saturdays game. Ohio State was far from sharp in this game but in OT QB JT Barrett found Noah Brown for a 7 yard TD and at the end of the day Ohio State did enough to get the W in a hostile environment on the road at Camp Randall at night.
Biggest Let Down of the Week:
Yes they won 24-14 at home on Friday against a very tough Duke team but they looked like anything but the #7 team in the Nation. This Louisville team is starting to show that beside Heisman front runner Lamar Jackson this team is not very deep. Jackson once again led the team in rushing with 21 carries, 144 yards and 1 td, also added 181 yards passing with 1 td. This team needs to start winning by a decent margin if they are to find themselves once again in the final four talk.
Biggest Winner of the Week:
Alabama showed why they are the #1 team in the nation. A lot of people were saying this may be where the Tide slip up, this could be the spot where Alabama looks by Tennessee and Tennessee pulls the upset at home. Not even close. With a 49-10 W Alabama showed they are still the class of the SEC and with a top 10 showdown with Texas A&M this week, its another chance for Alabama to show the nation they are the class of the whole nation.
My Top 10:
- Alabama– Looked great on the road; Next game: Texas A&M
- Ohio State– Good win in a tough road game; Next game: @Penn State
- Michigan– Got healthy on a bye week; Next game: Illinois
- Clemson– Have to start winning bigger; Next game: BYE
- Washington– Must win big this week; Next game: Oregon State
- Texas A&M– How good are they?; Next game:@Alabama
- Louisville– Tough game ahead; Next game: NC State
- Nebraska– Undefeated but season is ahead of them; Next Game: Purdue
- Baylor– Quiet 6-0, need help from conference; Next game: BYE
- Houston-Need help but still looking solid for major bowl game?; Next game: @SMU
Thanks for reading everyone, comments, questions and anything else is always welcome. Follow me on Twitter @CFBDrew